Welcome to Soul Dragon Angharad!
It gives us great pleasure to announce that Angharad Sanders has joined our line up. We are all relishing the opportunity of working with Angharad who is a highly respected and established musician with a wealth of experience in the industry. Angharad's arrival brings a exciting new dimension to Soul Dragon.
Angharad trained at the University of Huddersfield and Leeds College of Music. She has worked prolifically in the worlds of education and professional performance in various genres.
As a vocalist she has performed with various ensembles in venues across the country, including:
• As part of her own Funk/Jazz Quartet across London working as a corporate function band with bookings through Jazz FM.
• Guest vocalist with the “My Live Music” big band at various venues in the midlands and the “Spice Fusion” band headlining at London’s Hippodrome Casino.
• Piano Vocalist at London’s Hippodrome Casino and Highgate House.
• Piano Vocalist in the Green Room Piano Bar at the Lichfield Garrick
• Backing vocals for Big Brother Winner Pete Bennett for industry engagements across London.
• Piano Vocalist and Guest singer at various cabarets including; the Sunday Roast at Freedom, Jazz Attico at the London Wall Bar and Kitchen and Waiting For More also at Freedom.
• Lead singer with the Moving Parts Collective based in Yorkshire with regular guest appearances at the Holmfirth Picturedrome alongside artists such as Allan Holdsworth, Dr. John and The Average White Band. She also appeared at the Marsden Jazz Festival with the band.
• Vocalist for various duos, including the Sanders/Diffley Guitar and Vocal Duo performing at functions and events across Yorkshire.
Angharad has also worked as a session vocalist, writing, arranging and performing material for many varied contracts including:
• 4 albums of material for the international babyballet franchise. On the albums Angharad appeared as vocalist, pianist, arranger and composer for all original material.
• Educational songs for Modal Music
• Backing vocals on the album release for the band Blind
• Vocalist for many varied projects for DJ’s Hinton and Sammon and All Around the World Records.
• Vocalist for the pre records for Windsor Pantomime for Bill Kenwright productions.
Angharad has also worked across the world as a musical director and teacher in the field of musical theatre.
Recent professional theatrical credits include: “Once Upon A Mattress” (Lichfield Garrick), “Madagascar: The Musical Adventure” (U.K. Tour), “Thoroughly Modern Millie” (Blue Orange Theatre, Birmingham), “Encore” (Cork Arts Theatre), “The Wizard of Oz” (Dearne Playhouse), “The Dreaming” (Lichfield Garrick), “Aladdin” (Grimsby Auditorium), “The Magic of the Musicals” (M.D. Burton Brewhouse and Associate M.D. for the U.K. Tour), “Dear Santa” (The Helix, Dublin), “The Hired Man” (Lichfield Garrick) “Urinetown” (Stanwix Theatre, Carlisle) “The Wizard of Oz” (Epsom Playhouse), “Blonde Bombshells of 1943”, (Upstairs at the Gatehouse, London), “Fragments: The Music of Gianni Onori”, (The Union Theatre, Southwark, London), “Pieces Of String” Workshop Production, (The Tristan Bates Theatre, Covent Garden), “The 8th Fold: Gala Concert” (The Duchess Theatre, London), “Avenue Q” (Upstairs at The Gatehouse, Highgate, London) (Winner of “Best Off West End Production”, The Mousetrap Awards 2014 and “London Fringe Production of the Year”, West End Frame Awards 2013), “Mile High” (Lost Theatre, Vauxhall, London), “Dangerous Daughters”, (Stanwix Theatre, Carlisle) , “Steel Pier” (The Union, Southwark, London). (Short listed for Best Off West End Production (What’s On Stage Award) Nominated for 6 Off West End Awards).
Angharad is passionate about working with young artists and emerging talent, having worked with Pop icon’s and West End and Broadway leads in some of the U.K.’s leading performing arts schools, including; Arts Ed, London Studio Centre, G.S.A., Sylvia Young, Italia Conti, Midlands Academy of Musical Theatre and, internationally, for Ireland’s leading training centres: the ACA Performing Arts, Cork and WestSide Stage School in Dublin and in the U.S.; Stagedoor Manor in New York.